Boston made a one-year, $14.1 million qualifying offer to Drew earlier in the off-season, but he and his agent Scott Boras turned it down. It’s been quiet on the Drew front ever since, with a few whispers of interested teams, but he still remains out there.
CBS Sports’ Baseball insider Jon Heyman joined 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Gresh & Zolak for his weekly chat on Tuesday, and isn’t sure if the reported Drew offer is anything new.
“I’m not sure that’s even new information,” said Heyman. “I don’t know how relevant that is.”
“I know they touch base every now and then. I heard earlier that it was a two-year offer, possibly with a one-year opt-out for Drew. I still think it makes sense,” he said "
Click here to read the whole article
Heyman joined 98.5 The Sports Hub's Gresh & Zolak on Tuesday, and said while other free agents like Nelson Cruz, Kendri Morales andRead more