Here are some notes from the Sox’ big offensive outburst at Fenway Park:
- The eight home runs hit by the Red Sox match the franchise’s single-game record. Boston also hit eight home runs on July 4, 1977 against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The eight home runs hit by Boston totaled 3,168 feet, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
Recap: Red Sox Rout Tigers 20-4
- Seven different players (Stephen Drew, Jacoby Ellsbury, David Ortiz, Will Middlebrooks, Daniel Nava, Ryan Lavarnway, Mike Napoli) hit a home run on Wednesday, the most ever by Boston.
- The 20 runs scored are the most by the Red Sox since a 25-8 win over the Florida Marlins on June 27, 2003.
- The Sox won by 16 runs, the club’s largest differential since a 17-1 victory on July 15, 2007 against the New York Yankees "
Click here to read the whole article
Head Coach Greg Schiano confirmed on Wednesday what he said was probable the day before: rookie Mike Glennon will start the Tampa BayRead more
At this point, the Bears coaching staff has to be thinking that way when it comes to a Bears offensive line that hasn't looked this good in a fewRead more