The 32-year-old Johnson was acquired on deadline day from the New York Yankees in exchange for shortstop Stephen Drew and cash considerations, but was on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right groin when acquired. He had a two-game rehabilitation assignment with Double-A Portland, walking twice and scoring a run, while making one start at first base and one at third base.
Johnson is expected to take over the role previously held by Mike Carp, who played first base, third base and left field (along with one pitching appearance) for Boston before being released last week. Johnson played in 77 games for the Yankees this season between third base (41 games), first base (27), left field (three), second base (one), and right field (one), hitting .219 (44-for-210) with nine doubles, six home runs, and 22 RBI "
Click here to read the whole article
BOSTON, MA—The Boston Red Sox today activated left-handed pitcher Rich Hill from the 15-day disabled list. The club also announced that left-handed pitcher Justin Thomas was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket following last night’s game. Hill will be ...Read more
BOSTON --The Boston Red Sox today activated left-hander Franklin Morales from the disabled list. To make room for him on the 25-man roster, right-hander Alfredo Aceves was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket. Executive Vice President/General Manager Ben ...Read more
ARLINGTON -- In a month when most teams are adding players to their rosters to give them Major League experience, the Red Sox added three players to their roster Friday who could decide where Boston's season goes from here. Before Friday's series opener ...Read more
Yost also said that he's thinking about moving Mike Moustakas out of his standard No. 9 spot for Game 6. A Red Sox insider told Bill Madden of the New York Daily News that the Red Sox coaches "all hate" outfielder Yoenis Cespedes. "He marches to his own ...Read more