To get you ready for the season opener, here are a few Red Sox opening day facts:
- The Red Sox are 55-57-1 all-time on Opening Day.
- This is the 74th time overall that the Red Sox have opened the regular season on the road and fourth year in a row (32-40-1).
- Including 2014, the Red Sox have opened on the road in 16 of the last 19 seasons, beginning in 1996. They’ve gone 7-8 in those games.
- Jon Lester will make his fourth career opening day start and fourth straight for the Red Sox. He will become the first Red Sox pitcher to start four straight season-openers since Pedro Martinez did it in each of his seven seasons with the club.
- Overall, this will be the 21st season in which a left-hander has started Boston’s first game of the season (9-11).
- Dustin Pedroia has hit safely in all seven Red Sox openers since 2007, batting .393 with two doubles, two homers, five RBI, and six runs scored "
Click here to read the whole article